Enjoy breakfast every morning in our bright windowed Sun Room at 7:30 for scones and coffee followed shortly by fruit salad and our delicious hot breakfast. ( 8:15 a.m ) Service ends around 8:30 a.m. We love to have our guests fed and ready for the Forum talks which start at 9:30 a.m. at the Tom Patterson Theatre. If there are no talks just savour the conversations with those around you.
At The Shady Nook, you can expect french omelettes with chives and gruyere cheese, with baked tomatoes or asparagus, fluffy omelettes, scrumptious buckwheat blueberry pancakes with breakfast sausage and local maple syrup, frittatas filled with ham, red peppers, cheese and asparagus,cashew waffles,eggs florentine or eggs benedict, a variety of fruit, yogurt, a variety of daily baked scones, gluten -free muffins, juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
The menu is always changing and improving as Chef David is very creative and loves to learn about food and how it fits together.
- Most dietary concerns can be accommodated. Chef David has a real interest in gluten-free baking, and will gladly create dishes for vegetarians and vegans.
- The best-loved blueberry pancake recipe is vegan and tastes wonderful with maple syrup from our local sugar bushes.
- For smaller appetites breakfast can be scaled down or changed. There is always homemade granola.
- Coffee and tea are served at breakfast, while water, and various juices are always available in the shared refrigerator where you can store your leftovers from a restaurant or cheeses and meats purchased locally as well as as wine and beer.For snacks we offer fresh fruit in season.
- A continental breakfast is available for early departures, on request.
For special requests, prior consultation is required.